Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail socket error

2003-02-02 16:19:31
I have qpopper installed but I still get the same error message. I was sure
that I configured everything properly and like I said.. postfix is running
OK.

When you say I havr to connect it to the POP3 server.... I just set it to
the ip address of the server with the corresponding port 110, that should be
enough, shouldn't it ?

I didn't find a seperate POP3 config, other than inetd.conf or is there
something I missed ??

thnx

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Andree" <ma(_at_)dt(_dot_)e-technik(_dot_)uni-dortmund(_dot_)de>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail socket error

"Andreas Schnell" <andreas(_dot_)schnell(_at_)creativez(_dot_)de> writes:

My Problem is that fetchmail don't fetch the mails and I don't know why

If I try for example :

fetchmail -p pop3 -c -v localhost

I just get the following error message :

fetchmail: 5.8.0 querying localhost (protocol POP3) at Sam 01 Feb 2003
18:44:01 CET
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from localhost
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2

Why do you want to fetch your mail from localhost? You probably don't
have a POP3 server running.

Name your POP3 server instead of localhost.

And please, before doing anything, update! 6.1.2 contains some security
fixes over 5.8.0.