Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail socket error

2003-02-02 07:18:55
"Andreas Schnell" <andreas(_dot_)schnell(_at_)creativez(_dot_)de> writes:

My Problem is that fetchmail don't fetch the mails and I don't know why

If I try for example :

fetchmail -p pop3 -c -v localhost

I just get the following error message :

fetchmail: 5.8.0 querying localhost (protocol POP3) at Sam 01 Feb 2003
18:44:01 CET
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from localhost
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2

Why do you want to fetch your mail from localhost? You probably don't
have a POP3 server running.

Name your POP3 server instead of localhost.

And please, before doing anything, update! 6.1.2 contains some security
fixes over 5.8.0.