[fetchmail] Re: I wish fetchmail could help with this spam problem

2003-02-07 23:55:34
Quoting from K. Richard Pixley's mail on Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:20:43AM -0800:
Here's my tiny .fetchmailrc...

poll best.noir.com with proto IMAP envelope Delivered-To
        localdomains noir.com
        user "user1" there with password "something"
                is rich ice trinity root here
        antispam 571 550 501 554

As far as I can tell, there is no difference between mail received and
forwarded for "rich" and mail received and forwarded for "hksS9hQ3San".
 Other than potential for rewrite, (rich1=rich2), is there any?

When the number of "bad" addresses is small and well known, I can
explicitly alias those addresses into bounces using sendmail, (awkward,
but feasible).  However, when the spammer is apparently automatically
generating the addresses, I appear to be stuck receiving all of them if
I'm using fetchmail.

You might try setting an empty postmaster in your rc file with:

set postmaster ""

Then, all such mails will be deleted without forwarding to anybody.

--
Sunil Shetye.