Re: [fetchmail] I wish fetchmail could help with this spam problem

2003-02-10 10:59:00
Rashkae wrote:
From what I can see, your ISP is automaticly forwarding all
unknown e-mail

addresses to your "user1" account (whatever that might really be.)..
Ask them to stop this behaviour..  It is there that the mail should
be bounced if the user is unknown.

If I found an isp that worked that way, then they would also necessarily
need to be aware of each and every user change, pipe, mailing list, and
forward in my domain.  With most isp's, my control over my own domain
would be radically restricted, if not paid for on a per-address basis.

No, thank you. I really wish I could just point the nameservers at
my dsl ip and run full out sendmail. But since I can't, (1. we can
assume port 25 is blocked on my dsl line and 2. I can't control reverse
lookups), fetchmail to a single box with "Delivered-To" wrappers is my
second best choice. I just need fetchmail to be able to "do the right thing" in this case, (aka, bounce users that sendmail claims are unknown.)

Frankly, I'm astonished that more people haven't run into this same
problem as I'd think my situation was from unique.

--rich