Re: [fetchmail] Re: I wish fetchmail could help with this spam problem

2003-02-10 11:04:16
Sunil Shetye wrote:
You might try setting an empty postmaster in your rc file with:

set postmaster ""

Then, all such mails will be deleted without forwarding to anybody.

Thanks. I'm trying that now, but finding it unsatisfactory. The problem
is that many mailing lists, and certainly most errant human senders,
recognize bounce messages and say to themselves, "Doh! wrong address.
guess I won't use that again." In contrast, mail that is simply dropped
on the floor gets resent, and resent, and resent, and resent...

I really want unknown addresses bounced. If there isn't a well known or
common way to do this now, then I'll prolly start hacking.

--rich