[fetchmail] fetchmail re-polls repeatedly until mailbox is empty

2003-04-22 11:40:28
Hi, some new behaviour seems to have been added between 5.9.0 and
6.2.0.  I've been through the Changelog, but can't identify what it
might be - I'd really like to turn this re-polling feature off.

I have an IMAP mailbox and am using fetchmail to retrieve all mail,
I'm not using daemon mode:

    poll mail.webarchitects.co.uk proto imap user bruno
    password ************** fetchall ssl is bruno here;

What is happening is that the mail is retrieved and flushed:

[snip]
fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (BODY[TEXT] {802}
 (802 body octets) **************************
fetchmail: IMAP< )
fetchmail: IMAP< A0087 OK FETCH completed.
fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok: queued as 5099E544
 flushed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0088 STORE 1 +FLAGS (\Seen \Deleted)
fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen \Deleted \Recent))
fetchmail: IMAP< A0088 OK STORE completed.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0089 EXPUNGE
fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 EXPUNGE
fetchmail: IMAP< * 2 EXISTS
fetchmail: IMAP< * 2 RECENT
fetchmail: IMAP< A0089 OK EXPUNGE completed

..then fetchmail checks to see if anything else has arrived since
and downloads that as well:

fetchmail: selecting or re-polling default folder
fetchmail: 2 messages waiting after re-poll
2 messages for bruno at mail.webarchitects.co.uk.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0090 FETCH 1:2 RFC822.SIZE
fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 557)
fetchmail: IMAP< * 2 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 369)
fetchmail: IMAP< A0090 OK FETCH completed.
[snip]

Presumably it will keep on re-polling, hoping that eventually the
mailbox will be empty.  How can I get it to only download the
messages that are in the mailbox initially?

--
Bruno