[fetchmail] Re: Newbie question about multiple e-mail destinations

2003-05-13 06:13:18
I sent this yesterday, but it was in the middle of the sign-up e-mail
confirmation protocol, so I don't know if it already got to the list.
Sorry if this is a repeat.

Sorry since this is probably a very newbie question, but I just can't
seem to figure out what's going on.

I've been using fetchmail and spamassassin on my fairly new linux box.
I'm running fetchmail 6.2.0 on RH Linux 9. It's been working well for
me.

My wife now wants to filter her mail through the linux box. So I did the
following:/home/rick

1) I put .fetchmailrc into /etc/fetchmail here is the contents (with
passwords obliterated:
/home/rick
set daemon 600
set postmaster "rick"
set bouncemail

defaults
smtpaddress "mail.denhaven2.house"

poll pop.vnet.net proto pop3
   user "denatale(_at_)ctc(_dot_)net" with password "xxxx" is user rick here
   user "ddenatale(_at_)ctc(_dot_)net" with password "yyyy" is user deborah
here
====== end of file  ====/home/rick
This is identical to the original .fetchmailrc which was in my home directory
except for the addition of the last line.

2) I ran fetchmail -f /etc/fetch/.fetchmailrc as root. I also appended
this command to /etc/rc.local so that fetchmail will run automatically
if I need to re-boot.

The net result is that ALL of the mail is coming to my account. I've
checked her account and password on the local system and they all match.

What could I be doing wrong?