RE: [fetchmail] Follow up on the truncated attachment(s) issue

2003-05-19 05:47:29
Thanks for the info.  Is that a configureable option? Or do I need to change
the source in thise case?

TIA
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From:
fetchmail-friends-bounces+amatin=attbi(_dot_)com(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-bounces+amatin=attbi(_dot_)com(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org]
 On Behalf
Of Maarten Bezemer
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 8:07 AM
To: fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] Follow up on the truncated attachment(s) issue

Hi,

On 16 May 2003, Brian L. Walter wrote:

Well, after having spent a day hacking up the code, and studying what
fetchmail was/is seeing, I've found the source of the truncated
attachments.  *Some* how, my isp knows I'm coming in with something
other than a mail client like outlook or evolution.  Right in the
middle of the message (or, more correctly, at 80k), they insert a POP
end-of-message (period/cr).  Some how, fetchmail communicates what/who
it is, and the ISP server decides to truncate.  *sigh*

Maybe the server only sends at most 80k of data when issued a TOP command.
If that's true and other clients use regular RETR commands, this may be your
problem.

Regards,
 Maarten.