Re: [fetchmail] keep and top

2003-05-24 05:41:36
"Jakob Hirsch" <jh(_at_)plonk(_dot_)de> writes:

[TOP removal]
I agree with you in general. There is a reason I came around this: I
want to use "keep" with a server that erases RETRieved mail after a QUIT
(MercuryP/NLM v1.48), while TOP does the job (or a RSET after RETR, but
that is even more ugly and code for this deactivated with an #ifdef
_UNUSED_). You could say this server violates the RFC, but who cares? At
least cucipop (AFAIR) also offers this "feature" and it's for sure
activated on some installations.

Well, the simple fix would be placing that RSET before QUIT, on top of
my patch -- or statically configuring TOP, or both. --forcekeep to
switch from RETR to TOP and to send RSET before QUIT? I wouldn't mind if
it came without all the fancy (or should I write arcane?) logic
entangling it.