[fetchmail] Re: keep and top

2003-05-26 06:36:53
At 2:11 PM +0530 5/26/03, Sunil Shetye wrote:
 > TOP is different from RETR in one important way.  It doesn't set the
 message's seen bit.

I think it doesn't matter what mail flags are set on the server.
fetchmail with UIDL does not use or rely on any mail flags as reported
by the server. Complete tracking is done only on the client side.

I don't think that's the point. The point is that fetchmail may not be the only program accessing the server. Some users may need to fetch while leaving messages unread for *other* clients.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.