Re: [fetchmail] queued mail

2003-06-07 03:54:25
From: nlimbu(_at_)healthnet(_dot_)org(_dot_)np

I am using fetchmail and sendmail as a dialup mailserver. I have configured sendmail to operate in queued Delivery mode. So whenever any users connect to my server and send mail, then their mails are first queued and then sent when connection is made. But this option has also resulted that all the mails downloaded by fetchmail are also put in /var/spool/mqueue. Is there any option to send mail
directly to their mailbox when fetchmail downloads mails from pop server.

You don't mention versions so it's rather hard to be specific. However sendmail supports multiple queues and you may find that setting it up so that email from localhost is sent to a different queue works.

Failing that, try just telling fetchmail to use your local delivery agent directly.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband