Re: [fetchmail] Upgraded, now authorization fails...

2003-06-15 05:34:50

Bingo!

Thanks a lot - this worked.

Strangely, my email server seems to work *some* of time with STSL.
In the 10 test cases I ran, it failed 9 times (authentication error),
but worked once: I wonder if there is a timing issue here?

fetchmail: POP3> STLS
fetchmail: POP3< +OK STLS completed
fetchmail: Repoll immediately on pop(_at_)hostname(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)
fetchmail: POP3< +OK POP3 hostname ....v2001.78rh server ready
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA

and this point the user/pass work, and it downloaded the message.
Only seen this work once, though...

From: Laurence Moore <lmoore(_at_)starwon(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>
To: B Wooster <bwooster47(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
CC: "fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org"
<fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] Upgraded, now authorization fails...
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:12:57 +0800 (WST)

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, B Wooster wrote:

> I upgraded to a new fetchmail, and now I can't fetch email
> from my server, same .fetchmailrc
>
> On my new fetchmail (version 6.2.2), it looks like
> it sends some additional commands, in this order after receiving the OK:
> CAPA
> STLS
> CAPA
> and then
> USER
> PASS
> which then fails at this point.

You may need to include the directive:

        sslproto ""

in your configuration. I needed this after upgrading to 6.2.2. It seemd if
STLS is advertiesed fetchmail will attempt to use it. If the remote end
isn't configured to use it even though it advertises it fetchmails
authetication will fail at that point.

Larry.