Re: [fetchmail] Garbage in Return-Path causes 501 in MTA

2003-07-09 09:01:33
Robert Vazan <robertvazan(_at_)privateweb(_dot_)sk> writes:

Is it possible to force some fixed "MAIL FROM:" address instead of
extracting garbage from Return-Path? My problem is that spam frequently
contains garbage in Return-Path and local Exchange contributes a lot to
mess it up even more. When such garbage gets to local MTA (MasqMail), it
chokes on it with 501 error. Such messages then hang on mail server.

If you're not using multidrop, you can use the mda option of fetchmail
to avoid MasqMail and hand the mail off to procmail directly.

[1] <http://www.privateweb.sk/robertvazan/logs/masqmail-message.txt>

I'm getting timeouts on these, so I can't make a more qualified
suggestion than above.