Re: [fetchmail] how do I timestamp local logfile?

2003-07-16 14:54:47
David Stutzman wrote:
I set up fetchmail to grab mail for one of my users and I set the
logfile option to log to a file in his homedir so he could easily see
what's going on and if there are any problems.  This log has no
timestamps at all and I was wondering if there is a way to get fetchmail
to put the date/time or at LEAST the time into the file?  Logging to
syslog obviously works fine and does get time/date stamps, but then the
user can't read the log file.  I'd like to get his local logfile
timestamped.

I don't have the answer you want, just a workaround....

You could set syslog to add a log file in that user's directory,
readable by that user.  But you'd have to be careful about the syslog
config to make sure nothing goes in that log that the user shouldn't
see.

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | One tooth will never make a full