Re: [fetchmail] Feature proposal

2003-07-21 10:24:39
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

Giuseppe Guerrini <giusguerrini(_at_)racine(_dot_)ra(_dot_)it>:
 my POP3 (non-IMAP) mailbox is often filled by lot of spam with big bodies
(see the function pop3_trail).
 I will appreciate any suggestions, comments, ideas.

This was clever, but it's too klugy to be included in the mainstream
fetchmail.

 Do you plan to add a similar feature? I thing that in many european
countries it would be appreciated. The download with a typical modem
connection is expensive, and the cost grows with the connection time. In
some circumstance (like mine) there is no way to avoid a complete download
(at least without human intervention). Many ISPs unwillingly give a basic
POP3 access, because webmailers are their preferred way: they can show a
lot of advertising!

 Bye

--

                Giuseppe Guerrini <giusguerrini(_at_)racine(_dot_)ra(_dot_)it>
L'ordine non e` che una configurazione particolare del caos.