[fetchmail] Make fetchmail remove mail regardless?

2003-07-28 19:15:41
Hi all. I'm having a real problem with fetchmail lately. Well, actually spam and viruses to be more precise. I'm getting emails coming in that have email addy's that don't resolve or have malformed headers causing general SMTP errors. Thing is, this is causing mail to get trapped on my remote mail accounts and it's not being delivered locally like it should or just being nuked off the server.

What I'm wanting to do is to set fetchmail so that regardless if it can deliver mail locally or not, I want it to remove the mail from the server. So like for instance if fetchmail can't download mail for some silly reason due to say malformed headers, or the domain can't be resolved or whatever, I want it to still purge it from the remote server. Otherwise if it doesn't, I have to keep coming onto my server and periodically nuking remote mail that gets left by fetchmail and that's not why I have it setup. I don't want to have to bother with touching the server at all for several weeks at a time. So in short, if it won't deliver locally, I don't want it.

        Is there a way to do this?  Thanks.