[fetchmail] Protocol errors in 6.2.3 (Debian bug #203319)

2003-08-06 15:43:17

Hi friends,

I got some bug reports [1] about protocol errors introduced in
fetchmail 6.2.3.  Some users see "client/server protocol error" in
POP3 sessions when one of their mails is retained or truncated.  I dug
a bit into the code and found something that may be faulty in
driver.c: on error reading headers, the fetch_messages() function now
sets suppress_readbody to TRUE unconditionally whether underlying
protocol supports it or not.

I attach a small patch that should fix this, but this is merely
reverting to 6.2.2.

Cheers,
Benjamin

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=203319

--
  .''`.
 ; ;' ;      Debian GNU/Linux     |   Benjamin Drieu