Re: [fetchmail] Demon not working?

2003-09-02 08:23:47
From: "Nick Bolton" <r3n(_at_)clan-hq(_dot_)com>

What do you do when you want fetchmail to run for one specific user on
boot? I tried adding:

su - <user> -c fetchmail -d 60

Works for me, though I use --daemon.

But this dosen't even seem to download mail for that user, let alone
doing it every 60 seconds.

Once a minute is a "little" unfriendly to your ISP. Is the email really so important that a few minutes delay is critical (in which case I hope they've got somebody covering their email if they pop out for a coffee, lunch, answer the phone...). I'd suggest 5 minutes is far less likely to annoy people.

So I'm having to run a cron job; I just read that I could be using the
demon to "sleep <whatever> seconds between runs, so no overlapping
runs."

This kind of makes sense, as it would be annoying if it tried to
overlap.

Version of fetchmail?

Contents of .fetchmailrc?  Don't forget to obscure passwords and usernames.

What OS are you using?

What error are you getting? If you think you're not getting one then try looking in your system's logs. Try also running the above on the command line - what do you get back?

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?