Re: [fetchmail] multidrop problem

2003-09-15 00:12:56
At 11:25 PM 9/14/2003 +0200, you wrote:
Howard Spindel <howard(_at_)sci1(_dot_)com> writes:

> In order to prove that I really understood the problem, I hacked the
> fetchmail code so that it no longer would delete successive emails with
> the same message-ID.  With the hack in place, things work exactly as I
> would want.  Still, I'd rather have an option to control the behavior
> than hack the code, but I can't find one in the docs.

How about if we turned your "hack" into a patch that adds a
"dontdropdupes" option?

Actually I didn't code up anything to process a command line or config file option, nor did I dig far enough into the code to learn how to do that. I simply commented out two lines.

Beyond that, I've never submitted a patch and don't know how it's usually done. Can you point me toward a resource that explains patch submission?

Howard

Oops, forgot to cc: the list - apologies for duplicates to Matthias.