Re: [fetchmail] python script to delete old mail

2003-10-10 01:54:24
James Stone <stone1(_at_)btinternet(_dot_)com>:
I have just written a short python script to be run as a cron job to
delete mail that has been left on the pop3 server x days. This allows
collection of mail on several accounts on different computers, without
relying on Micro$oft solutions or manual deletion, or your ISPs deletion
settings to clear your pop3 mailbox (when running fetchmail with keep).

I will post it to the list here if people are interested.

Please do.  One of the most requested features that I refuse to add
is a switch to make fetchmail do this.  Having your script in the
contrib directory might help reduce the pressure.

If you add an option to delete messages over a given size limit, I
could rip another option out of fetchmail. That would be good.