[fetchmail] fetchmail not delivering locally with imap and chrooted postfix...

2003-10-24 13:21:36
Let me first say that I have used fetchmail successfully on 2 prior
occasions in a non-chrooted sendmail/POP3 environment without a problem.
This time, with an IMAP server and local chrooted Postfix server, it is not
functioning. I have looked through the FAQ (specifically D1) and those don't
help.

The problem is that I am not getting the mail delivered to the local user. I
am running fetchmail 6.2.5 with postfix 2.0.11 in a chrooted environment. I
am pulling a single mailbox down via IMAP. I am running fetchmail as a local
user (ie not root user) with the following .fetchmailrc entry:

poll ww.xx.yy.zz protocol IMAP user "kevin" password "password" is "kevin"
all keep smtphost localhost

I can execute "telnet localhost 25" on the machine (Postfix 2.0.11 chrooted
server) and deliver mail, no problem.

Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks!

Here is the verbose output of the fetchmail run:

/usr/local/bin/fetchmail -v -v -f /home/rhaskins/.fetchmailrc
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying www.xx.yy.zz (protocol IMAP) at Fri 24 Oct 2003
03:56:15 PM EDT: poll started
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK imap.isp.net Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.11 server ready
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+
MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN
MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS
AUTH=OTP LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
fetchmail: IMAP< A0001 OK Completed
fetchmail: Protocol identified as IMAP4 rev 1
fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 LOGIN "kevin" *
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 OK User logged in
fetchmail: selecting or re-polling default folder
fetchmail: IMAP> A0003 SELECT "INBOX"
fetchmail: IMAP< * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen)
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted
\Seen \*)]
fetchmail: IMAP< * 86 EXISTS
fetchmail: IMAP< * 0 RECENT
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [UIDVALIDITY 1056732845]
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [UIDNEXT 689]
fetchmail: IMAP< A0003 OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
fetchmail: 86 messages waiting after first poll
fetchmail: IMAP> A0004 SEARCH UNSEEN NOT DELETED
fetchmail: IMAP< * SEARCH
fetchmail: IMAP< A0004 OK Completed (0 msgs in 0.000 secs)
86 messages (86 seen) for kevin at ww.xx.yy.zz.
skipping message kevin(_at_)ww(_dot_)xx(_dot_)yy(_dot_)zz:1 not flushed
...deleted...
skipping message kevin(_at_)ww(_dot_)xx(_dot_)yy(_dot_)zz:86 not flushed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0005 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE LOGOUT received
fetchmail: IMAP< A0005 OK Completed
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying ww.xx.yy.zz (protocol IMAP) at Fri 24 Oct 2003
03:56:16 PM EDT: poll completed
fetchmail: not swapping UID lists, no UIDs seen this query
fetchmail: Query status=1 (NOMAIL)
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.