[fetchmail] Re: fetchmail not delivering locally with imap and chrooted postfix...

2003-10-26 23:39:51
Quoting from Robert Haskins's mail on Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 04:21:23PM -0400:
Let me first say that I have used fetchmail successfully on 2 prior
occasions in a non-chrooted sendmail/POP3 environment without a problem.
This time, with an IMAP server and local chrooted Postfix server, it is not
functioning. I have looked through the FAQ (specifically D1) and those don't
help.

The problem doesn't appear to be related to chroot at all.

The problem is that I am not getting the mail delivered to the local user. I
am running fetchmail 6.2.5 with postfix 2.0.11 in a chrooted environment. I
am pulling a single mailbox down via IMAP. I am running fetchmail as a local
user (ie not root user) with the following .fetchmailrc entry:

poll ww.xx.yy.zz protocol IMAP user "kevin" password "password" is "kevin"
all keep smtphost localhost

The word 'all' above is incorrect. Do you mean 'fetchall' instead?
Because of the word 'all', fetchmail is operating in multidrop mode
for two users 'kevin' and 'all'. The '--all' command-line option is
equivalent to the 'fetchall' rcfile keyword. Is this the source of
confusion?

You may verify the mode with "fetchmail -Vv" and searching for "local
name(s) recognized".

fetchmail: IMAP< A0003 OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
fetchmail: 86 messages waiting after first poll
fetchmail: IMAP> A0004 SEARCH UNSEEN NOT DELETED
fetchmail: IMAP< * SEARCH
fetchmail: IMAP< A0004 OK Completed (0 msgs in 0.000 secs)

The search is returning no new mail. It is possible that new mails
have gone to 'all' and not 'kevin'. You will have to check the logs
for that.

--
Sunil Shetye.