Re: [fetchmail] Delete everything with no retrieval or warnings

2003-10-29 01:43:12
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 03:14:33PM +1100, Damon McMahon wrote:
Greetings,

I have a simple task for fetchmail for which I hope there is a simple
solution.

I want fetchmail to delete EVERYTHING from a POP3 mailbox without
retrieving ANYTHING. All mail that goes to this mailbox is automatically
forwarded to a POP mailbox on another server, and thus I want to delete
everything from this mailbox without further ado.

The man page says the 'limit' option "...[c]ombined with --flush...can be
used to delete oversized messages waiting on a server..."

However, "...In daemon mode, oversize notifications are mailed to the
calling user (see the --warnings option)." This is a problem, as I can't
want any warnings [end of story].

Please tell me there a way to do this!

Thanks in advance,
Damon

Dont think there is a way to do this with fetchmail but you can use this
python script. (stop fetchmail first then restart it after this script
has finished)...

James