Re: [fetchmail] Delete everything with no retrieval or warnings

2003-10-29 02:18:29
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 03:14:33PM +1100, Damon McMahon wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a simple task for fetchmail for which I hope there is a simple
> solution.
>
> I want fetchmail to delete EVERYTHING from a POP3 mailbox without
> retrieving ANYTHING. All mail that goes to this mailbox is automatically
> forwarded to a POP mailbox on another server, and thus I want to delete
> everything from this mailbox without further ado.

[ Sorry, missed the original post ]

You may find that use of the anti-spam codes achieves what you're after. There was also a thread on this list about automatically deleting oversized items - I didn't follow it but it may be of help (set the size to, say, 1, and watch everything get deleted).

Should that fail, way back in the mists of time Jan Klaverstijn posted an item titled "Popclean: ...". Trawl the archive for that and see if it works for you.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today! http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband