[fetchmail] Delete everything with no retrieval or warnings

2003-10-28 21:14:35
Greetings,

I have a simple task for fetchmail for which I hope there is a simple solution.

I want fetchmail to delete EVERYTHING from a POP3 mailbox without retrieving ANYTHING. All mail that goes to this mailbox is automatically forwarded to a POP mailbox on another server, and thus I want to delete everything from this mailbox without further ado.

The man page says the 'limit' option "...[c]ombined with --flush...can be used to delete oversized messages waiting on a server..."

However, "...In daemon mode, oversize notifications are mailed to the calling user (see the --warnings option)." This is a problem, as I can't want any warnings [end of story].

Please tell me there a way to do this!

Thanks in advance,
Damon

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp