Re: [fetchmail] Re: 6.3.0 TODO

2003-10-29 09:36:03
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> writes:

Matthias Andree <ma(_at_)dt(_dot_)e-technik(_dot_)uni-dortmund(_dot_)de>:
Could you forward your parts of the mail you sent Damien? I'm interested
in your thoughts on the code generator. And yes, his RB tree needs
effectively prevents const char * as key (I've seen this in leafnode).

We just released the code generator in reblack 1.3, for the specific reason
that I think I want to use it to speed up fetchmail's UID handling.

Does the code generator approach fix the nasty "const" that is returned
by rbfind()/rbsearch()? The stock redblack 1.3 does NOT fix this, so
freeing a whole tree with malloc()'d user data causes (justified)
compiler warnings. Very annoying.