Re: [fetchmail] client/server protocol error

2003-10-30 07:41:04
I upgraded the fetchmail version to 6.2.5 and it managed to download the
messages. ;-)

BTW .. do you know what's the difference between 'leading-edge' and 'gold'
version?

Is leading-edge supposed to be like a BETA or something?

Have I put myself at risk by upgrading to the 'leading-edge' version?

If yes, then I will request the ISP to upgrade their POP server as you
suggested.

Regards

Rishi

----- Original Message -----
From: Heino Stegen <heino(_dot_)stegen(_at_)rotenburg-wuemme(_dot_)de>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] client/server protocol error

Am Don, 2003-10-23 um 18.39 schrieb User Groups @ The Argon Company:
Hi

I'm facing the same error.

- Do you know the name of the pop server server running? Mine responds
as
"Merak 5.8.3 POP3" when I do "telnet server 110"

Merkur POP3-Server for Windows NT (v.4.02.12)

- Also I suspect that the problem is that it happens only when a mailbox
gets corrupted and I feel that the corruption is related to the webmail
client that is being used to check those POP mailboxes.

We don't use webmail-clients.

The thing that gets to me is that Outlook Express is able to read
(download
/ delete / flush) the mailbox where as fetchmail or Kmail gives the
above
error. :-(

Can we compare notes on this?

Now I realize that our ISP has updated their Mailserver. The buggy one
was v 4.02.11. I hope this problem is solved now.

Maybe you ask your ISP to update his server as well. Because on their
website they have Merak 6.2.1

Regards

Rishi

Regards