Re: [fetchmail] How do you drop BC mail?

2003-11-25 00:55:14
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 09:52:46AM -0800, Mark Twombley wrote:
Hi, I'm very new to Fetchmail and Linux.
I currently have Fetchmail setup to retrieve mail from my ISP and pump it
into my sendmail.  I have a very basic Mimedefang and SpamAssassin setup.  I
notice that a lot of spam is sent Blind Copy.  No one I know directly ever
sends me BC mail, so I would like to just drop it before it gets any
further.  Can I do this with Fetchmail and how if I can.  If it was in the
docs and I missed it, I'm really sorry and I will take my chastisement with
great humility.  But as you yell at me could you mention the page number it
was one.

I believe this is the work for procmail and not for fetchmail. I would
write a recipe that checks To and CC fields for my address and if not
found then dump that mail into /dev/null or some other place.

Andrei