Re:[fetchmail]How to set up cram-md5 auth?

2004-03-11 14:54:08
I keep being refused with messages like the one below.
Yes, I'd better sleep, I forgot to paste the error message. here it goes.
For the record, upgrading to the latest rpm from the fetchmail home page
doesn't change the problem, and fetchmailconf aborts saying:

[marco(_at_)polaris marco]$ fetchmailconf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/fetchmailconf", line 9, in ?
    from Tkinter import *
ImportError: No module named Tkinter

even if rpm didn't find any missing dependency

Now the error message. Thanks again for any feedback:

fetchmail: POP3< +OK POP3 PROXY server ready (7.0.027) <long alphanum
string(_at_)pop5(_dot_)libero(_dot_)it>
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Capability list follows
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< RESP-CODES
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< SASL CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
fetchmail: POP3< PIPELINING
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> AUTH CRAM-MD5
fetchmail: POP3< + some long string+
fetchmail: decoded as <other_long_string(_at_)pop5(_dot_)libero(_dot_)it>
fetchmail: POP3> yet another long string==
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR proxy authentication failed
fetchmail: proxy authentication failed
fetchmail: POP3> USER m.fioretti
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: Unknown login or authentication error on
m(_dot_)fioretti(_at_)popmail(_dot_)inwind(_dot_)it
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from popmail.inwind.it
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying popmail.inwind.it (protocol POP3) at Thu, 11 Mar 2004
23:07:02 +0100 (CET): poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2