[fetchmail]POP Query.

2004-03-12 00:16:48
Hi Everyone,

First up, many apologies if this is off topic, I need some advice and I
thought that fetchmail and you guys could point me in the right
direction.
I am running qmail on rh9 and am hosting mail for three domains. I am
relatively new to all this so please go easy!

In short, my situation is as follows:

At the moment, one of my clients has the following situation:

{ISP Mail Server} --> {x clients} ie typical pop setup. Her ISP has
recently introduced a ‘feature’ where only one mailbox login is
permitted at a time where she needs to have simultaneous access to one
mailbox by two nodes.

She has asked me what she can do about this and I don’t really know
short of completely taking over the hosting. Her ISP is being quite
uncooperative through all this.

I guess this is what I am looking at doing:
{ISP Mail Server} --> {My Mail Server} --> {x clients}

Is this a feasable arrangement ie my server would retrieve mail from ISP
mailbox (fetchmail)  and inject into local mailbox (vpopmail) to be
retrieved by simultaneous nodes at her end.

I do not have access to her mx dns records so at best I could setup a
new hostname based on my domain name?!?

Sorry for vagueness of post but I would really appreciate any guidance
you can give me!

Kind regards,

Andrew Tucker
Tonic Information Technology
ph 0413609569
HYPERLINK
"mailto:andrew(_at_)tonicit(_dot_)com(_dot_)au"andrew(_at_)tonicit(_dot_)com(_dot_)au