[fetchmail]Re: socket error

2004-04-01 07:44:08
On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:22:04PM -0900, mbox mbarsalou wrote:
I was getting this for a while....it seems that my service provider may
have listened to my complaints.  Since I had complained about the
problem, I haven't seen nearly as many.  Even though they said that they
didn't support fetchmail.  I was getting them at least once a day, now I
haven't seen this in about a week.

One work around is to run the fetchmail command with the --all switch.

This allows the fetchmail client to use the RETR pop3 command instead of
the TOP command.  That seems to get the message downloaded.

Personally, I think it is a poorly formatted message that the mail
server is letting get through and that poorly formatted message is
getting stuck when fetchmail tries to retrieve it.

Can you send a copy of the message, as well as a copy of your
.fetchmailrc and the output of fetchmail -vv? Be sure to remove any
private data.

--
gram