[fetchmail]Preventing fetchmail from marking message read with pop3

2004-04-25 20:30:25
Is it possible to have fetchmail not mark a retrieved message as being
'read'?

I have a voice mail system where I use fetchmail to pop3 voice
mail messages from the voice mail server into users email accounts. Even
if I use 'keep' option, the voice mail ends up in a 'heard' section of the
voice mail system as opposed to keeping it as newly received voice mail.
This situation will inevitably prove confusing to some users of the voice
mail system.

The voice mail server is a commercial system, so I'm limited to how much I
can hack it without voiding my support for it....although it apparently
does run under linux. pop3 is the only mail protocol available to retrieve
the email containing the voice mail, no imap, no smtp.