Re: [fetchmail]Mail not going to correct Mailboxes

2004-05-27 04:26:46
Burt Juda <burt(_at_)juda(_dot_)com> writes:

Also, you need to be running this fetchmail process as 'root' in order
for the multi-drop delivery to work properly.

This is - if you'll allow me this term - dangerous nonsense.

In the given configuration, fetchmail will talk SMTP to the local host
and can therefore run unprivileged -- which is the canonical way. It
would be best if fetchmail refused to run as root, to prevent accidents.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95