[fetchmail]Fetchmail + cyrusIMAP + postfix

2004-05-31 12:52:48
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand the flow of mail from fetchmail using LMTP in my
setup. The goal is to have spamassassin tag mail after it's retrieved from
outside POP mailboxes. (done much googling and man reading...)

mail.log shows that mail is being directly forwarded from fetchmail (via LMTP)
to cyrus, apparently bypassing postfix, therefore postfix directives
regarding procmail or spamfiltering have no effect.

How should I set this up correctly? Should fetchmail be sending mail into
postfix instead of cyrus for spam processing?

Is there a way to use spamassassin without procmail in a fetchmail/cyrus
context?

Thanks for any pointers!

WR