Re: [fetchmail]multifrop mails

2004-11-03 11:52:09
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:15:45 -0500, Payal Rathod
<payal-fetchmail(_at_)scriptkitchen(_dot_)com> wrote:
Please provide the output of a run of "fetchmail -v -v" for a problem
mail, the logs from qmail for the same run are also required.

I don't see how it is useful but here is it anyways. (These are self
generated test mails on the server).

No, I said one for a problem mail - not one for a working mail!!!!

fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<info(_at_)example(_dot_)com>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 ok

QMail accepted email for info(_at_)example(_dot_)com(_dot_)

qmail's logs just say,
starting delivery 63: msg 711207 to local info(_at_)example(_dot_)com
And since I have removed info account now, it deliver it to an account
called "catchall". Instead it should delvier to
set postmaster tata

I'm beginning to understand you're problem.

From what you've said I can tell you the following:

1) QMail is accepting all email, regardless of whether or not the account exists
2) If the account doesn't exist, QMail is forwarding to the account "catchall"
3) Fetchmail never gets told by QMail that the account doesn't exist,
hence can't forward misaddressed email to "tata".

The answer is - fetchmail is doing what it is told.  The "problem"
lies with your QMail config.  Either change it to direct misaddressed
email to "tata" or change it to tell fetchmail when the account
doesn't exist.

This of course assumes that you removed the info account before the
sample mail you showed the logs for.  If you didn't, then the above
may not hold true.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor