Re: [fetchmail]multifrop mails

2004-11-03 12:21:57
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 07:11:12PM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:
Yes, it does always.

[ slaps hand against head ]

Don't, that brings bad luck :)

The fetchmail "postmaster" address is only used when fetchmail is told
- by the SMTP server - that the user doesn't exist.  Otherwise,
fetchmail assumes, rightly, that the user exists, since the SMTP
server hasn't objected.  It's possible that by just doing "to sales
payal" here you'll get it to work, but I don't know as I've never
tried.

Are you saying here, qmail does things the wrong way or I am thinking
in a wrong way?

If it doesn't, you're basically going to have to make your mind up -
do you want qmail to decide what to do with misaddressed email, or
fetchmail.  It's one or the other.

I want fetchmail to handle misaddressed mail. So, you might say that
I remove .qmail-default, but what about misaddressed local mails
(which are not handled by fetchmail).

With warm regards,
-Payal