[fetchmail]Oversized messages

2004-11-19 03:16:22
Dear Fetchmail-friends

I have been actively using fetchmail for the past few months and am very happy with it except for one thing which I will explain below after I have described my setup.

I have release 6.2.1+POP2+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+OPIE+NLS. My server sits at the end of an ADSL line. I fetch mail from a POP3 box and my ISP and it ends up in a Cyrus IMAP folder.

I run fetchmail in daemon mode:

# fetchmail --limit 50000 -d 240

I set up the size limit because I recently received a message (wrongly addressed) with a 5M attachment:-(

All works fine except for the oversized email notices. I do get some notices but these are erratic (they seem to stop after a fetchmail has been running for a little while). Also, the only useful information logged in the notices are the size and number of oversized messages.

Finally, I haven't worked out if their is a user command which will allow me to fetch the oversized messages but keep the daemon running.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Neil Williams
Publicus
Inverkeithing