Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail on Linux behind MS ISA server !

2004-12-02 07:35:01
Thank you for pointing out about Windows ISA server.

ISA server is Microsoft's proxy server which runs on
Windows 2000 etc.

I am behind that proxy server & I don't know how could
I tell fetchmail to resolve "naqoosh.com" through the
proxy server & fetch mail ?

If my system is directly connected to the net I am
able to fetchmail from naqoosh.com with the same
settings but how could I do so behind the proxy ?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Meraj Khattak

--- Matthias Andree <ma(_at_)dt(_dot_)e-technik(_dot_)uni-dortmund(_dot_)de>
wrote:

Meraj Rasool Khattak <mrkkhattak(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:

I am running fetchmail behind Windows ISA server
on my
Linux machine.

When I execute the following command :
<fetchmail_command>
fetchmail -v -f '/home/khattak/.fetchmailrc'
</fetchmail_command>

I get this error :
<error>
fetchmail: 6.2.0 querying pos (protocol auto) at
Thu
02 Dec 2004 06:33:16 PM PKT: poll started
fetchmail: 6.2.0 querying pos (protocol IMAP) at
Thu
02 Dec 2004 06:33:16 PM PKT: poll started
fetchmail: couldn't find canonical DNS name of pos
fetchmail: 6.2.0 querying pos (protocol IMAP) at
Thu
02 Dec 2004 06:33:16 PM PKT: poll completed
fetchmail: 6.2.0 querying pos (protocol auto) at
Thu
02 Dec 2004 06:33:16 PM PKT: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=11 (DNS)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 11
</error>

       11     Fatal  DNS  error.   Fetchmail
encountered an error
              while performing a DNS lookup at
startup and  could
              not proceed.

My .fetchmailrc file
<fetchmailrc_file>
poll pos
        via naqoosh.com

Find out why naqoosh.com cannot be resolved, and fix
the problem.

(What is this Windows ISA Server thing anyways?)

=====
http://www.naqoosh.com