Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail on Linux behind MS ISA server !

2004-12-02 07:58:45
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:34:25 -0800 (PST), Meraj Rasool Khattak
<mrkkhattak(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
Thank you for pointing out about Windows ISA server.

ISA server is Microsoft's proxy server which runs on
Windows 2000 etc.

I am behind that proxy server & I don't know how could
I tell fetchmail to resolve "naqoosh.com" through the
proxy server & fetch mail ?

Well, DNS is really a Linux problem - configure your /etc/resolv.conf
to use the ISA server for DNS (I suspect).

As for using the proxy, the man page provides details (just) on using
SSH tunnels etc.  You're probably trying to do something similar.
However it depends on what ISA server supports - if it's socks you're
sorted (Google for "runsocks").

Alternatively, try opening up outbound port 110/TCP (POP) or 143/TCP
(IMAP) on the ISA server.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor