Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail on Linux behind MS ISA server !

2004-12-02 09:33:51
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:41:17 -0800 (PST), Meraj Rasool Khattak
<mrkkhattak(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
Thank you for a quick reply.

my /etc/resolv.conf file

<resolv_conf>
nameserver 192.168.0.1
<resolv_conf>

It contains the ip address of the gateway / dns
server. For browsing I define 192.168.0.3 or 2 in
proxy's addresses.

It's one or the other.  Pick whichever gives you reliable DNS resolution.

I asked the admin of ISA server, he told me that they
are using Socks4 on their server.

Yesterday I tried using runsocks (sock5) but I just
couldn't understand it properly. Any guidlines or
hints or online links for help in this ?

Check the documentation.  You should also find that runsocks will work
with a v4 proxy.

The ISA admin has opened all these ports for me.

Even after going through the above I was not able to
fetchmail (same canonical dns name).

Which means that your only problem is getting your DNS resolution
sorted, which isn't a fetchmail issue, but a linux configuration
issue.  Get your DNS resolution working, with a single DNS server, and
it'll all work fine.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor