Re: [fetchmail]Getaddrinfo problem

2005-02-26 15:38:00
Yes it use to work until I updated my os.

Here is the output of fechmail -V -V

This is fetchmail release 6.2.5+SSL+INET6
Fallback MDA: (none)
Darwin BlueTuna.local 7.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.8.0: Wed Dec 22 14:26:17
PST 2004; root:xnu/xnu-517.11.1.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc
Taking options from command line and /var/root/.fetchmailrc
Poll interval is 60 seconds
Idfile is /var/root/.fetchids
Progress messages will be logged via syslog
Fetchmail will forward misaddressed multidrop messages to postmaster.
Options for retrieving from emck(_at_)mail(_dot_)mac(_dot_)com:
  True name of server is mail.mac.com.
  Protocol is POP3.
  All available authentication methods will be tried.
  Server nonresponse timeout is 300 seconds (default).
  Default mailbox selected.
  Only new messages will be retrieved (--all off).
  Fetched messages will not be kept on the server (--keep off).
  Old messages will not be flushed before message retrieval (--flush off).
  Rewrite of server-local addresses is enabled (--norewrite off).
  Carriage-return stripping is disabled (stripcr off).
  Carriage-return forcing is disabled (forcecr off).
  Interpretation of Content-Transfer-Encoding is enabled (pass8bits off).
  MIME decoding is disabled (mimedecode off).
  Idle after poll is disabled (idle off).
  Nonempty Status lines will be kept (dropstatus off)
  Delivered-To lines will be kept (dropdelivered off)
  Fetch message size limit is 100 (--fetchsizelimit 100).
  Do binary search of UIDs during 9 out of 10 polls (--fastuidl 10).
  Messages will be SMTP-forwarded to: localhost (default)
  Single-drop mode: 1 local name(s) recognized.
  No UIDs saved from this host.

And the output of nslookup mail.mac.com

Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         192.168.123.254
Address:        192.168.123.254#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   mail.mac.com
Address: 17.250.248.64

Thanks for your help

Edward

On 2/26/05 4:55 PM, "Rob MacGregor" <rob(_dot_)macgregor(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>