Re: [fetchmail]daemon prob fedora core 3

2005-04-25 19:47:09
FC3 includes an RPM for fetchmail, currently 6.2.5-6. Why
compile it unless you need special configuration options?

hmmmm .. good question.  I may have assumed it
wasnt there without looking or maybe it wasn't
(I built it a good few months ago now and only
just got around to using it in earnest and
I can't remember).

Thanks for your mail.  I'll re-install
that from the repositories and give it a whirl.

If it works out of the fc3 box tho but not
on a standard source build then something is
awry on some configuration front somewhere.
I'm new'ish to fc3 but I do like things to
build without being from the "official"
repository - never had this trouble
with slackware for a good few years.
Hope it was a sensible decision to run
with fc.

Thanks

Harry

but can get no joy.  The only way I can get
it to work is by using crontab with a script
that kills any existing daemon then runs one
with "-d 0" (which sometimes terminates and
sometimes doesn't - hence the kill).

I can't find anything sensible on the web on this.
Is there a version that works with FC3 ?  It seems
overkill to use cron.

I run in daemon mode with no difficulty, works like
a champ. From $HOME/.fetchmailrc:

set logfile /home/<user>/.fetchmail.log
set postmaster "root"
set daemon 480
poll <server> with proto POP3 auth password
       and ssl