Re: [fetchmail]Exchange to postfix

2005-06-22 12:38:44
On Wednesday 22 June 2005 04:59 am, Kevin wrote:
We are currently using a SBS 200 exchange server.  My boss want to
move to a unix based mail system and suggested postfix.  Does any one
have any good points or know of any good how to using fetch mail. To
move the mail from exchange to postfix.

Postfix is an excellent MTA and to be highly recommended but it is not a
Message Store.
Exchange Server is a monolithic application which combines the tasks of
an MTA, MDA, and a Message Store (as well as non-mail tasks which Rob
mentioned).
You will need a Message Store to accept final delivery and hold the
email - Postfix does not do this. I suggest the Cyrus IMAP server which
also contains Sieve, an MDA.
There are many other combinations of MTA/MDA/Message Stores available.
There are tools for moving messages from/to just about anything.
Enabling Exchange Server's IMAP service should make it fairly simple.

Chris