Re: [fetchmail]"From:" filtering possible

2005-07-08 06:24:52
Like I said,
I don't think fetchmail supports this behaviour. (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please)

You could use fetchmail with the --keep option ( to keep your email on the pop server) and filter the mail locally.
The mail for "anything(_at_)example(_dot_)com" will be kept all well then,
though...

Cheers,
Tobias

rahul zoro wrote:

Thanks */Tobias,/*
look we have another domain example.com. In my pop a/c i hv received mail from yahoo,rediff,aol,example.com, etc......ok. Lots of mails in my pop a/c... But i want when fetchmail run its download only those mails, From: address is anything(_at_)example(_dot_)com <mailto:anything(_at_)example(_dot_)com>. leave the messages from another domains(like yahoo,rediff,aol) untouched.
*/Tobias Meyer <tobias(_at_)apeiron(_dot_)de>/* wrote:

    Maybe you can be a bit more specific?

    If I understand you correctly, you have emails from only two
    persons in
    your pop-mailbox.
    What you want to do is, to scan through your pop-mailbox and only
    download the mails from user A but leave the messages from user B
    untouched??

    If this is what you want to do, I'm not sure if fetchmail can help
    you -
    I at least have not stumbled over such an option yet.