Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail 6.2.9-rc3 available

2005-09-20 06:25:06
Matthias Andree wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Jim Correia wrote:
Adding -DBIND_8_COMPAT to the CFLAGS also seems to solve the problem.

Ah well. I wonder if fetchmail is using some "down deep" BIND interface
it should not be meddling with.

I spent a bit of time trying to figure this out last night.  res_search()
gives a byte-array answer, but I couldn't find any published interface
for how to interpret that answer.  And the answer is definitely not in an
obvious format.  So fetchmail re-casts that array as a HEADER struct and
gets the info from there.  (According to the comments, that is taken from
sendmail.)

I'm puzzled that I couldn't find any documented way to interpret the
response from res_search()....