Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail with Qmail

2005-11-29 00:13:02
On 29/11/05, robert(_at_)digitalphx(_dot_)com
<robert(_at_)digitalphx(_dot_)com> wrote:
Im testing fetchmail with this fetchmail file:

poll some.com proto pop3 nodns
    user user(_at_)some(_dot_)com with password pass is
email(_at_)user(_dot_)com here
    mda "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -f%F %T"
    fetchall forcecr

This works as to deliver the email but it doesnt appear to send it to
Spamassassin. Im on Fedora Core 2 using Qmail with qmail-scanner and
Spamassassin 3.0.1. How do I get the email sent to SA so it can filter out
spam and follow the rules I have setup like a normal email that hits our
server would go through?

The best approach is simply to drop the MDA line, leaving fetchmail to
default to handing the email over to the SMTP server on loopback.

Anyway, your config problem relates to qmail, not fetchmail :-)

To recap all I want to do is use Fetchmail to check external email
accounts and send these emails to our server like it was a normal email,
which would get checked by our Spamassassin filters.

Then ensure that the mail server sees it that way - pass it in via SMTP.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor