Re: [fetchmail]forwarding to a remote SMTP server

2005-12-20 14:17:54
"S. Palmer" <smpalmer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

On 12/19/05, Rob MacGregor <rob(_dot_)macgregor(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 19/12/05, S. Palmer <smpalmer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hello,

I figured it would be best to describe what I want to do first, then ask my
question.

You don't say what version of fetchmail you're planning to use.  From
the fact that you're using the old lists I'm guessing 6.2.x or
earlier.  I'd suggest upgrading to 6.3.1 to begin with.

Thanks for the heads up.  I had just googled fetchmail and took the
top link for the fetchmail homepage.  Is there a reason the old
fetchmail page is still up?

Eric has not yet responded to my plea of redirecting users to the
berlios site. I'd also asked him to announce 6.3.0 on "his"
fetchmail-announce list, nothing happened either.
He's probably busy with other things, but feel free to prod him.

The freshmeat page does link to the berlios.de site, but the old
www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/ website gives no hint that there is a
newer webpage.  The berlios.de site is down the page a bit in a google
search.

So put up some links to improve the page rank of the new site :-)