RE: [fetchmail]Re: Fetchamil Nokeep / flush

2006-04-11 02:10:51
We have resolved the issue, since adding the "nokeep" to the poll entries,
it didn't seem to work at first because all the mail on the server was still
being marked in the log, but fetchmail: not flushed was next to these.

I restarted fetchmail to make sure all the newest mail was downloaded, then
accessed the mail server and deleted all mail.

I then sent a test message, and checked the server after fetchmail had
received this mail and it was not there after delivery. So all is well.

Regards

Gav

-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Matthias Andree
Sent: 11 April 2006 09:57
To: fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [fetchmail]Re: Fetchamil Nokeep / flush

"Gavin Roberts" <Gavin(_at_)datasafestorage(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

This is fetchmail release 5.9.0+NTLM+INET6 Linux mail.*****.co.uk
2.2.16C37_III #1 Sat Apr 12 14:54:32 PDT 2003 i586 unknown

Well, we're not supporting antedeluvian software like that, sorry.

You might want to try fetchmail 6.3.4-rc2 (preferred. alternatively,
6.3.3 or perhaps 6.3.2), but I'm not making promises about IPv6 on old
systems (kernel, libc), and my motivation to work around libc or kernel
bugs in obsolete versions is very limited and I might expect payment for
doing that.

poll mail.*****.co.uk localdomains *****.co.uk *****.co .uk "nokeep" proto
POP3: envelope X-Netpresto-To user ***** with pass "*****" to * here poll
pop.*****.co.uk localdomains *****-uk.com "nokeep" proto POP3
: user ***** with pass "*****" to * here fetchall

Please don't expect me to read unformatted made-up files like these. Of
course you may mask user names and passwords, but I do expect a minimum
level of formatting (read: line breaks and alignment), and please do not
mask domain names because that makes checking DNS impossible.

From what I understand there is something called BlueLinQ which allows you
to install third party software, but I do not want to install fetchmail on
top of its self, causing any problems.

Well... whatever that Bluelinq stuff is.

You can install fetchmail into a separate directory, for instance you
might use: ./configure --with-ssl --enable-NTLM --prefix=/opt/fetchmail-6.3
build with "make all check", install with "make install"
and then run: /opt/fetchmail-6.3/bin/fetchmail -f /your/config/file
(give the real path and name for the configuration file).

HTH,