Re: [fetchmail]Re: Fetchamil Nokeep / flush

2006-04-11 02:50:45
"Gavin Roberts" <Gavin(_at_)datasafestorage(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

We have resolved the issue, since adding the "nokeep" to the poll entries,
it didn't seem to work at first because all the mail on the server was still
being marked in the log, but fetchmail: not flushed was next to these.

I restarted fetchmail to make sure all the newest mail was downloaded, then
accessed the mail server and deleted all mail.

I then sent a test message, and checked the server after fetchmail had
received this mail and it was not there after delivery. So all is well.

No, do not delude yourself to believe all were well. It is in fact not.

There have been half a dozen security fixes since fetchmail 5.9.0, and
probably also to the Linux kernel. The four most recent fetchmail
security announcements are on http://www.fetchmail.info/, and other
fixes can be seen from the NEWS file.