Re: RFC-XXXX, section 3.1, minor clarification needed.

1991-04-26 08:46:45
Excerpts from mail: 26-Apr-91 RFC-XXXX, section 3.1, mino.. "Alain
FONTAINE @CUNYVM. (1526)

Unless, of course, my weak command of english puts me on the wrong track.

No, more likely you read the English more carefully than anyone.  Your
points are well-taken.

Your points about base64 are also good.  I agree that the decoder should
be more liberal in not requiring 64 characters per line, and I'll add
prose to that effect.

A checksum might have been a good idea, but it wasn't included in RFC
1113.  If we settle on a compressed encoding, though, I assume it will
have a checksum...